A new procedure for Madelinots to reserve spots for their cars aboard the CTMA Voyageur!
To give Madelinots another way to get off the Islands in the height of summer, the CTMA has established a reservation system for cars on the CTMA Voyageur, the cargo ship making the Cap-aux-Meules – Souris crossing during the summer season. This pilot project will be in effect for the entire 2019 season.
No spots left on the ferry? Reserve a spot for your car on the CTMA Voyageur and travel as a foot passenger on the Madeleine.
Here’s how this option works:
• To reserve a spot, you must contact our reservations department at 418-986-3278.
• You must pay the amount in full for your car at the time of reservation. No-shows will be charged $50. You will be reimbursed the balance by the reservations department.
• The rates and reservation and cancellation policy are the same as those for the CTMA Traversier.
• Foot passenger crossings are paid for on the Madeleine.
• Reservations for the CTMA Voyageur may be made only for vehicles with an overall length of 40 feet or less.
• 15 spots maximum will be available per trip.
Procedure for departure from the Islands
1. Departure every Friday and Monday at 11:59 p.m.
2. Bring your car to the Cap-aux-Meules dock no later than 2 p.m. on the day of departure
3. Your car will arrive at Souris Saturday or Tuesday around 6 a.m.
4. Board the ferry as a foot passenger at 8 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. Saturday or 8 a.m. Tuesday
*Departure every Friday at 11:59 p.m. from June 21 to September 6 (except June 28 and August 30), departure every Monday at 11:59 p.m. from July 15 to August 12
Procedure for departure from Souris
1. Departure every Saturday at 10 a.m. and Tuesday at noon
2. Bring your car to the Souris dock no later than 7 a.m. on the day of departure
3. Your car will arrive at Cap-aux-Meules Saturday or Tuesday evening
4. Board the ferry as a foot passenger at 2 p.m. Saturday or Tuesday
5. Pick up your car upon arrival in Cap-aux-Meules
*Departure every Tuesday at noon from July 16 to August 13, except June 29 and August 31
+ A third trip per week in the height of summer
CTMA is planning to add a third CTMA Voyageur trip per week during the busiest periods. These trips will be added gradually according to demand. It will be possible to reserve spots for cars on these additional trips.
Subscribe to our alert system to stay informed: