Interruption of the passengers transportation service
- Passengers transportation service has been suspended on March 28, as requested by the Ministère des transports du Québec, since the borders of neighbooring provinces (New-Brunswick and Prince-Edward Island) have been closed.
- No date is set on when exactly the passenger transportation service will be operational again.
- Reservations for April, May and June are not cancelled for the moment, but it is not possible to make a new reservation for now. CTMA follows the governments’ measures and will communicate with its clients as soon as the passenger transportation service is possible again.
If the Quebec government allows interprovincial circulation before June 30th, CTMA could return to passenger transportation service, respecting the new measures adopted by Transport Canada. Those new measures implies reducing by 50% the maximum number of passengers on board unless we develop approved measures, consistent with Public Health Agency of Canada guidelines.
Reservation services are temporarily suspended for April, May and June
CTMA temporarily suspends reservation service for April, May and June.
It is however possible for our clients to make reservations for the crossings scheduled between July 1st and September 30th.
- Make your reservation online or by phone at 1-888-986-3278 or at 418-986-3278.
To keep you informed on when the reservation service will be operational again, suscribe to the Alerts.
Procedures for employees of essential services compagnies
CTMA Vacancier, now replacing CTMA Ferry, will continue its three crossings per week in April, with essential merchandise, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Companies that would like to use the ferry service must be on the Quebec Government list of companies with priority activities and services.
- All services on board are closed.
- There is no food available, plan a cold meal and snacks.
- A cabin will be provided for isolation, in a section of the ship where contamination coming from the ventilation system is not possible.
- It is forbidden to move around freely in the ship, you must stay in your cabin during the crossing.
New cancellation policy
Until further notice, it is possible for passengers who already have a reservation to have a refund of the $50 deposit. To have the refund, contact the Customer Service at 1-888-986-3278 or at 418-986-3278.
Measures put in place
- Boarding of the ship is slowed down in order to avoid grouping of people in front of the ticket office.
- Employees are posted at the entrance of the staircases to provide hand sanitizer to the passengers.
- Ship’s surfaces are cleaned and disinfected every 30 minutes (handrails, doorknob, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Information sheets about the 14-days quarantine recommended by the Quebec Government are available on board.
- Employees have been trained on hygiene at work by CISSS des Îles’ hygiene technicians. We would like to sincerely thanks all our employees, as well as CISSS des Îles for their dedication and collaboration.
Directives for the terminals
- Cap-aux-Meules reservation office is closed to the public.
- Grouping of people is forbidden in the terminal
- Only toilets are accessible.
Since the situation is changing quickly, CTMA will adjust its measures following Public Health and Transports Canada directives. To stay informed, consult the Important Notices section of the Ferry Website.
Being the official carrier of the Îles de la Madeleine, it is our obligation to provide safe transportation of people and freight. That is why a multi-level management plan has been developed, in relation to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Consult the management plan.