Consult the calendar of July and August 2020 for availability.
- If you are a permanent resident of the Îles de la Madeleine, there may be availability on a departure that is already unavailable. To check availability, contact the Customer Service.
- This schedule is presented for information purposes only. This schedule is updated on the week. This schedule does not offer any warranty whatsoever of availability on the ferry. For more information or booking contact the Customer Service at 1-888-986-3278 or 418-986-3278.
- The reservation is made only by telephone and the waiting time to speak to an agent can be longer than normal. If the line is busy, please call again later. Note that the online booking system is suspended for an indefinite period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
FAQ - Booking for the summer season
Why is the availability schedule not posted on the website?
Given the pandemic, the CTMA must respect:
- The limit imposed by Transport Canada which requires a 50% reduction in the maximum number of passengers who can be carried onboard the vessel.
- The weekly limit of visitors on the archipelago imposed by Public Health. However, residents of the Îles de la Madeleine who travel are not counted within this limit.
- Another constraint to consider: the ship's vehicle deck capacity.
In summary, the availability of the calendar is not the same for visitors as for residents, and the design of the reservation system does not take into account these new constraints imposed by the two levels of government and therefore calculations must be done manually.
Are you planning to change the departure times?
No, a change of schedule is not possible in such a short term given the complexity, logistics and the implications that this implies.
Which trips were canceled due to the Public Health travel limit?
June reservations: By June 26, only travel for essential services is allowed. For information on essential service travels, see The Procedures for Travel to the Îles de la Madeleine by June 26.
July reservations: We canceled some night trips in July and all affected passengers were contacted so they could move their booking. If you have not received a message from us to this effect, it means that your booking is still valid.
August reservations: Only one overnight crossing was canceled in August. We wait to see the rate of reservations and cancellations before canceling. If we have to cancel one of these trips, we will send a message to all passengers affected so they can move their reservation.
Can a reservation be transferred to another person?
No, it is not possible to transfer a reservation to another person.
Should a pedestrian or cyclist book?
Yes, exceptionally this year, given the public health visitor limit that we must respect, all passengers must book.
Will there be a line for standby vehicles?
No, exceptionally this year, given the limit we have to respect, all passengers must book.
Can I book online?
The online booking system is suspended indefinitely.
Can we use the kennel?
Yes, the kennel is open. Passengers can also bring their dog on the outside deck and must stay with their pet for the duration of the trip or may leave their pet in their vehicle with no opportunity to visit during the crossing.
For any questions on travel between the provinces, please consult the Gouvernement du Québec website.
Procedures for Travel to the Îles de la Madeleine
Travellers who have to use the road and ferry to travel to and from Îles-de-la-Madeleine must now fill out a form to be allowed to cross New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
They must print this form and have it on hand when they travel, along with their reservation on board the CTMA ferry and all documents confirming the valid reason for their trip (proof of principal residence, secondary residence [tax account], medical paper, document provided by an employer, booking of tourist or family accommodation, etc.).
If the traveller completes the form in French, it is recommended that he or she also print the English version of the form without completing it in order to facilitate verification by New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island authorities.
This self-declaration does not guarantee the right to travel through New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Authorities in these provinces make the decision when travellers arrive at checkpoints.
This self-declaration does not guarantee the right to cross New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Authorities in these provinces make the decision when travellers arrive at checkpoints. The CTMA disclaims all responsibility resulting from any refusal of a traveler to cross the provinces of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. At all times before completing the self-declaration, please be sure to consult the following site for the latest developments in this area: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/travelling-region-to-another-covid19/
Source : The Gouvernement du Québec
Procedures for passangers
Passengers who have been, beforehand, authorized to embark the ferry must know that:
- All services onboard are closed. There is no food available, plan a cold meal and snacks.
- Every person travelling by car must stay in their car to board the ship.
- Once on the car deck, stay in your vehicle until a crew member authorizes you to exit. You must have with you all personal effects needed for the five-hour crossing, since you will not be able to return to your vehicle after the ship departs.
- You will be directed to a section of the ship where you must stay for the duration of the crossing. You will be allowed to go to the outside deck of your section.
- Under no circumstances, you will be allowed to circulate freely onboard.
- Wearing a mask is recommended. Disposable masks will be on sale at a cost of $5 and all profits related to the sale of these will be donated to a community organization.
- It is not possible to rent a cabin. Passengers with a cabin reservation must contact Customer Service to have a refund at 1 888-986-3278.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited onboard.
- Once arrived in the port of Souris, it is possible for passengers to contact certain businesses in Prince Edward Island to obtain delivery of food and equipment. Consult the list of companies offering the delivery service.
Until further notice, it is possible for passengers who already have a reservation to have a full refund of their deposit. To have a refund, contact the Customer Service at 1-888-986-3278 or 418-986-3278.