Important: As the situation is evolving rapidly, please consult this page regularly to be informed of the most recent information related to COVID-19.
Update following the new travel ban to a yellow zone in effect since April 8, 2021:
- Its possible to make a reservation and there is no specific control measure to access the ferry. It is not the carrier's responsibility to judge or control the reasons for the movements of its passengers.
- However, as has been the case since the start of the pandemic, the CTMA is working with regional public health authorities by systematically transferring all of its passenger lists. Checks can be made at their discretion.
Policies and measures once on board the vessel
(in effect until otherwise specified)
- It is compulsory to wear a face covering on the ship.
- Snacks and beverages are sold on board but you recommend you to plan a cold meal and snacks.
- Once on the car deck, stay in your vehicle until a crew member authorizes you to exit. You must have with you all personal effects needed for the five-hour crossing, since you will not be able to return to your vehicle after the ship departs.
- You will be directed to a section of the ship where you must stay for the duration of the crossing. You will be allowed to go to the outside deck of your section.
- Under no circumstances, you will be allowed to circulate freely onboard.
- It is not possible to rent a cabin.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited onboard.
- You must arrive at the wharf at least 1 hour before the ship's departure (low season) and 1 hour 30 before the ship's departure (high season).
- Once arrived in the port of Souris, it is possible for passengers to contact certain businesses in Prince Edward Island to obtain delivery of food and equipment. Consult the list of companies offering the delivery service.
- For those who must cancel a reservation for a crossing scheduled for May, the CTMA is suspending the cancellation fee of $ 75 in order to be accommodating with the new ban on movement to a yellow zone put in place on April 8, 2021. Customers must go through the telephone service for the charge to be suspended.
- For everything related to reservations for the summer season, the CTMA wants to make customers aware that the health situation is very changeable and that many things will change within three months. We remain confident that we will be able to have a tourist season on the archipelago this summer. For customers who still wish to cancel now for trips after May, the cancellation policy will apply.
- Therefore, for any cancellation, including personal reasons related to COVID-19, our reservation cancellation policy will be applied.
- In the specific case where CTMA Ferry is forced to cancel reservations due to the implementation of public health measures related to COVID-19 limiting the number of passengers on the ship or otherwise, we will fully reimburse the cost of the reservation.
- The order of cancellation of reservations would then be made from the most recent reservations to the least recent of the affected routes.
Until further notice, it is possible for passengers who already have a reservation to have a full refund of their deposit. To have a refund, contact the Customer Service at 1-888-986-3278 or 418-986-3278.