Important: As the situation is evolving rapidly, please consult this page regularly to be informed of the most recent information related to COVID-19. Thank you for your good cooperation!
Policies and measures once on board the vessel
(in effect until otherwise specified)
- It is compulsory to wear a face covering on the ship. Disposable masks will be on sale at a cost of $5 and all profits related to the sale of these will be donated to a community organization.
- Snacks and beverages are sold on board but you recommend you to plan a cold meal and snacks.
- Every person travelling by car must stay in their car to board the ship.
- Once on the car deck, stay in your vehicle until a crew member authorizes you to exit. You must have with you all personal effects needed for the five-hour crossing, since you will not be able to return to your vehicle after the ship departs.
- You will be directed to a section of the ship where you must stay for the duration of the crossing. You will be allowed to go to the outside deck of your section.
- Under no circumstances, you will be allowed to circulate freely onboard.
- It is not possible to rent a cabin. Passengers with a cabin reservation must contact Customer Service to have a refund at 1 888-986-3278.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited onboard.
- Once arrived in the port of Souris, it is possible for passengers to contact certain businesses in Prince Edward Island to obtain delivery of food and equipment. Consult the list of companies offering the delivery service.
- The online booking system is suspended for an indefinite period. The reservation is made only by telephone at 1-888-986-3278 or 418-986-3278.
Here is what applies for crossings from April 1, 2021:
- Reservations will begin on February 2. Customers are therefore well informed of the various restrictions and measures related to the prevailing health situation.
- Therefore, for any cancellation, including personal reasons related to COVID-19, our reservation cancellation policy will be applied.
- In the specific case where CTMA Ferry is forced to cancel reservations due to the implementation of public health measures related to COVID-19 limiting the number of passengers on the ship or otherwise, we will fully reimburse the cost of the reservation.
- The order of cancellation of reservations would then be made from the most recent reservations to the least recent of the affected routes.
Until further notice, it is possible for passengers who already have a reservation to have a full refund of their deposit. To have a refund, contact the Customer Service at 1-888-986-3278 or 418-986-3278.