Watch the video to find out what’s new!
Interested in all the details of these changes? Here they are:
Improved customer experience with a brand new booking website.
- Passengers can change their reservation online as many times as they want up to 3 hours prior to their scheduled departure free of charge. See our change and cancellation policies.
- Possibility of booking a cabin online.
Why this change? In order to give the customer complete control over the online reservation process and improve their overall experience.
Important! CTMA expects record traffic when reservations open on February 2nd. A virtual waiting room (pop-up window) will appear on screen if the site has reached capacity when you’re about to book. You will automatically have access to the system as soon as a space becomes available. Thank you for your understanding!
Pay for your crossing in full at booking
- Before booking, ensure that you have on hand:
- Your travel dates
- The exact length of your vehicle, if it is over 21 feet (including any trailer or object exceeding the usual length of the vehicle)
- The names and age categories of all passengers
- Your credit card (full payment for your crossing is required at booking)
- Should you need to change your reservation, our terms are very flexible. Find out what is considered a change by referring to our change policy.
- You will have to go through a checkpoint upon arriving at the Cap-aux-Meules and Souris boarding docks. Please show your booking confirmation (paper or electronic) so that we can issue you a boarding pass.
- You will receive your booking confirmation by email shortly after completing your reservation. It is your responsibility to ensure the information on it is accurate.
Why this change? In order to comply with the standards of the passenger transportation industry (train, plane, other ferries) and thus eliminate the annoying waiting line at the ship’s ticket office.
New ferry, no impact on rates
- The 2021 fare schedule includes price increases in line with inflation, as usual.
- The rates for vehicles over 21 feet in length have been reorganized into 5-foot categories, each category having a single rate, rather than a rate per linear foot (former method). View the new fare schedule for 2021.
Why this change? This simplified calculation method for vehicles and trailers over 21 feet in length is expected to improve boarding efficiency and reduce measurement errors.
New departure times and boarding policy
(June 15 to September 14)
(September 15 to June 14)
Departure from Cap-aux-Meules 8 a.m.
Departure from Cap-aux-Meules 7 a.m.
- Want to board with a commercial vehicle? View the new reservation policy for commercial vehicles.
Why this change? The new ferry has a larger capacity, which will require additional time to load the ship. In order to ensure that the scheduled departure times are respected despite increased passenger traffic, passengers must arrive at the boarding dock 90 minutes before departure (high season).